Repairs underway after apartment fire

BRADFORD—Weeks after an apartment fire in Bradford, the building is under repair and some of its residents have returned.
The fire occurred on the morning of May 28 at the corner of South Main Street and Cobblestone Alley. No one was injured, but a family of four was displaced.
Two of the building’s three units, including the apartment where the fire started, are currently undergoing renovations, while the third unit was repaired within two weeks of the fire, according to Downstreet Housing Facilities Manager Bernie Woolums.
Although the fire investigation report came back inconclusive, Woolums believes the most likely cause was an overloaded power strip.