Men face charges in monoxide deaths

NORTH HAVERHILL—Three local men have been indicted for their roles in the January 2019 carbon monoxide deaths of a Lyman couple.
John and April Courtney died as a result of the poisoning. Last week, Richard Mallett Jr., 49, of Woodsville, Philip Poirier, 28, of Corinth, and Adam Vigent, 51, of North Haverhill—all three licensed gas fitters in New Hampshire—were indicted on negligent homicide charges.
Beginning in October 2018, the men installed a new heating system with a gas boiler at the Courtney residence. According to the indictments, Vigent came up with the installation and directed the system installers, Mallett and Poirier.