Classroom shelter eyed for town forest

BRADFORD—Low-St. John Forest has long been used as an outdoor learning lab for students at Bradford Elementary School. But they may soon have an actual classroom to use when they are learning in the forest.
The Bradford Planning Commission has given its OK to the construction of an outdoor classroom shelter.
The forest was acquired by the former Bradford Academy and Graded School District in 1946 when Jessie Blakely Low donated 65 acres of forestland on Mount Tug off of Goshen Road. In 1961, Nina St. John donated an additional 60 acres. Now, the Oxbow Unified Union School District owns the property.